It doesn’t hurt to have a list! Things to plan for as you approach moving day…
Notify your contacts of your change of address.
- Complete a change-of-address form at your local post office or on-line at usps.gov. In addition to your personal contact, notify utility companies, banks, credit cards, your employer, child’s school, insurance companies, health care providers, and newspaper and magazine subscriptions.
- Up date your address with Cottage Health System at www.benefits.sbch.org and click on "Personal".
Plan your move.
- Schedule the date and make necessary arrangements... Take time off work. Arrange for childcare and pet care.
- Buy packing supplies, such as boxes, bubble wrap, tape, markers, and trash bags.
- Decide if you will use a moving company or do it yourself. Schedule the movers or reserve a moving van and lots of help!
- Start early… Get rid of the stuff you don’t want to take with you. Plan to donate and recycle where you can!
- Label your boxes with the room they’re headed to and their contents. When you begin to unpack, you’ll be glad you took this step. Keep important home purchase documents in a safe place, so they aren’t accidentally packed away!
Make Bella Riviera home!
- You’ll have some unpacking to do, but your home will be beautifully finished for you to enjoy immediately following…